Sugar Free Oatmeal Cake
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unbleached self raising flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup organic rolled oat
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Combine the buttermilk and rolled oats in a bowl and set aside for 15-20 minutes until the oats have softened.
- While the buttermilk and oats are standing, preheat your oven to 350 F and line a standard baking tin with grease-proof paper.
- Beat the eggs and add to the oatmeal mix along with the applesauce.
- Combine Sue Bee Honey and other wet ingredients.
- Add Splenda to other dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, stirring to combine and add to the wet, mixing well.
- Transfer the solid batter into the prepared baking tin. Using a wooden spoon, spread the batter to even it out.
- Sprinkle the cake with roughly chopped walnuts and sultanas and let it sit for 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake cake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/