Margaret McConaghay’s Sweet, Savory & Spicy Cranberry Couscous entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Sweet, Savory and Spicy Cranberry Couscous
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced at an angle, green part only
- 1/3 cup of salted and roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add in the bay leaf and onion and cook until the onion is tender and slightly caramelized. Add in the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken broth, coconut milk, Sue Bee Honey, curry powder, cayenne pepper, cranberries and salt and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous and cover tightly for 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork into a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the parsley, green onions and cashews, mix well. Best served at room temperature.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/