Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup With Raisins
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 lb lean ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown the beef in in large dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat.
- After a few minutes, add the onion, and continue cooking until the onions are transparent, and most of the pink is gone from the meat; about 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess grease from the meat and onions, and return to the pan.
- Add the cabbage and 1/4 cup of the water, cover, and cook over medium heat until the cabbage is limp and getting tender, but still holds its shape, stirring occasionally; about 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer until the vegetables in the soup are as tender as you would like; about 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional lemon juice and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/