Trail Mix Granola Bars
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Generously spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add brown rice, syrup, sunflower seed butter and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and nuke on high until ingredients are fully melted and combined, about 1 minute. Remove from microwave and allow to cool and thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until evenly distributed. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and use a spatula or your hands to spread it evenly, making sure to press down firmly. Cover pan with a sheet of foil and place into the fridge to set, at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- When bars have set, remove from pan using the foil overhang, and use a sharp knife to cut into individual bars.
- Store bars in the fridge or freezer for best results.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/