Turkish Pumpkin Soup
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups stock
- 2 lbs pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 2 onions
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a low heat. Stir in the onions, 2/3rds of the leek and garlic; sweat, covered, until transparent.
- Stir in the Sue Bee Honey, spices and pumpkin; cover and let sweat together for another couple minutes.
- Pour in the stock, raise the heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft.
- Puree in a blender, then pour back into the pan and reheat.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, saute the rest of the leek slices. Ladle the soup into bowls. Swirl one heaping tablespoon of yogurt into each bowl, then top each with some sauteed leeks.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/