Whole Grain Sprout Bread
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups grain mixed sprouts
- 4 cups flour
- 3-4 cups flour
To soften yeast
- Combine warm water and yeast in a large bowl.
- Allow the yeast to proof (bubble) for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Sue Bee Honey, oil, salt, mixed sprouts and 4 cup flour; beat well.
- Cover and let this sponge sit 45-60 minutes.
- Stir down and gradually add 3-4 cups flour. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place dough into a greased bowl, turn it over and around to coat all of the dough.
- Cover and let rise until doubled; about 60-90 minutes.
- Knead dough down in the bowl, divide and shape into 2-3 oblong loaves; place in well greased loaf pans and cover.
- Let rise 60 minutes or until almost doubled.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on wire racks.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/